
As everyone knows, it has taken me a really long time to change my name from Sanford to Edgar. I just had a hard time parting with my maiden name since I got married at 19 ( I wish I would have just changed it back then). The church automatically changed my name to Edgar, and after about a year of marriage I got used to the sound of Erin Edgar and was ready to make the change. But, I had so many excuses and they just kept piling up, so I never switched it. I thought I was taking the easy way out, I couldn't have been more wrong. During the past three years. . .Sam and I opened a joint checking account with the names Sam Edgar and Erin Sanford, we bought a house as Sam Edgar and Erin Sanford, I renewed my driver's license and later my passport as Erin Sanford, and we filed our taxes for 3 years as Sam Edgar and Erin Sanford. We are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary in December, and two weeks ago I finally made the big switch from Sanford to Edgar. I got a new driver's license, social security card, changed my bank info., and ordered new credit cards. It feels good to finally
legally be Erin Edgar, I can't believe it took a baby to motivate me enough to go through all the annoying steps it takes to legally change my name. I love Sam so much and am happy to have his name. When Noah is born, there will be no confusion. . . his last name is Edgar.
5 comments:
Okay, it didn't take me 3 years BUT it took me over a year and a half. Don't you feel relieved now? Haha. I did. Erin Edgar is a really cute name! P.S. I want to hang out soon!
Love it...we miss you guys like crazy! Hurry and move here already.
At least you are legal!!!
Yes I still haven't changed mine yet! You have given me some motivation!
I LOVE the double E's for Erin Edgar! It seemed weird to change my last name too, but I like the double D's that I have now! LOL So fun seeing you tonight..i loveee your blog. super cute!!
Post a Comment