Saturday, October 8, 2011

Things are Crazy

So. . . it has been a long time since I last blogged. The more time that passed, the less I wanted to blog. . . there is way to much to update. So here are things in a nutshell:

August

  • We went to Maui. Stayed in an amazing villa at the kea lani (thanks mom & dad) and had a fabulous time with the fam. It was a much needed vacay. Noah loved every part of the trip except the beach. . . he is not a fan of the ocean.







Gang's all here


Sisters




Time for a walk

luau
  • Noah turned 8 months. . . oh and started waving (in Maui) and pulling himself to a stand somewhere between 7 and 8 months.
  • We moved from NJ back to UT (hallelujah!)
September
  • Sam enrolled and started taking 19 credits toward his Psychology degree at BYU
  • We got things back to normal at the house and settled into our old routine
  • We went to Wyoming for the weekend with our good friends, the Deatons 

Noah rode the 4 wheeler 
Noah, Sam, and Noah's buddy Dominic


Love my boys

  • Noah turned 9 months:
. . . And was happy to ride in the shopping cart for the first time at Target
    • Stats from his check-up:
      • Height: 29 inches (75%)
      • Weight: 22 lbs. (75%)
      • Head: 50 cm (100%). That's right, the doctor measured it twice because he didn't believe it. He is going to be quite the brainiac, but for now it is just hard to fit shirts over it sometimes. 

  • Sam flew to San Francisco to meet with a solar company. They offered him a great job, and after a couple days of talking and praying about it. . . we decided to accept. We are moving to the bay area---very soon. 
October
  • Sam withdrew from BYU, packed his bags, and moved to San Francisco. We will join him as soon as we find a place to live (probably the first week of November). I've been really emotional about the move. It is happening so fast and is going to be super hard. I have grown so attached to our home and friends. Sam and I always said we wanted to end up in California, but I was secretly pulling for Utah. We started our married life here, went to school and graduated here, bought a house here, started raising Noah here. So many great memories. I hate to leave, but it is time for a new chapter in our lives. Sam has a real job, which is such a blessing. I'm so glad to be done with summer sales and the chaos and uncertainty that job brought. I'm  excited for the weather and all the attractions in California. I'm excited to make new friends and live closer to my cousin, Erica, and her kids. 
  • We are going to rent out our house in Utah, so  I am going to try to post some pictures of it before we leave. I'll try to keep the blog updated on the CA house hunt and the move, and of course Noah.
    • P.S. He has six teeth now (4 on top, and the originals on bottom). His teeth show when he laughs now, I LOVE it.
    • He FINALLY holds his own bottle (but I still do it most the time, because I love holding him)
    • He loves people food, and eats what we eat for the most part. His favorite thing in the world is buttered toast, and Ella's kitchen baby food. . . he won't touch any other kind.
    • He took his first two steps on Friday,  Oct. 7. He has yet to repeat them.
    • He is my buddy, we have such a blast together!

5 comments:

nate & traci said...

I like to think this post was just for me :) Noah is adorable. I could get lost in those great big eyes!! Give him hugs and kisses from me and Jack Jack!! We love you guys!!

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

aww he's such an adorable little Edgar!! Oh I had no idea you guys were moving to San Fran!? That's so fun. Moving is hard but I'm jealous you're moving to such a great city! I'm sure you'll love it;) Miss you guys!

Alexis Treese said...

BANANAS. what a summer!I just love your family so much. Noahs going to tech Ollie how to get up on those legs! Im def happy youre not going to be an east coast girl. PS Your blue bathing suit- I die! Gorg!!! Love your face.
PS Cant wait to smother Noah with kisses!

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

He is precious! I want to see him soon! I hope you find a cute home in sf!

The Andersons said...

Ok your blue bathing suit is freaking adorable and i want it. where did you get it? and noah is soooo cute and I'm so sad we didn't get to hang out before you left! miss you guys!