Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stuck in Alaska

I am still in Alaska, and it is totally beautiful. But, after the first day or two it got totally boring. We are on a little island called Ketchikan and there is not too much to do here. I have taken a bunch of pictures, but I will post those later when I get home to my camera cord. I fly home Tuesday, can't wait to be back to civilization!

Highlights:
  • LOVE spending time with my man. . . can't wait to have him home for good in November!
  • Saw humpback whales, bald eagles, and seals. . . totally awesome
  • Everything is green and beautiful and there are waterfalls all over the place
  • The house we are staying in is super nice and has tons of free movie channels (keeps me entertained while Sam is out working)
  • Fun times playing games and hanging out with our good friends Collin and Dani and their little girl Emery
  • Sam let me buzz his head (I always beg him to let me try to cut his hair, up until now he would no let me touch it. . . once it reached near shoulder level he changed his mind. p.s. cutting is harder than it looks, Sam got impatient and started buzzing so I can't take full credit for his new military do.)
Downfalls:
  • Power has gone out four times since I got here less than two weeks ago. Today it was out about 12 hours. . . what a relief, it was supposed to be out 2 days
  • No power= no water. Weird.
  • Halibut fishing season ended in August
  • The one mall consists of a Safeway and Taco Time. . . no joke
  • It is absolutely freezing. It is a good day when it gets up to 50.
  • It rains EVERY day
Can't wait to get back to the hot/dry weather in Vegas!

2 comments:

Dink said...

I bet you are glad to get back home!! Ketchikan is very tiny!! At least you have Danni there! I can't believe you guys have been there almost a month already I am glad it is almost over so I can see you guys again. PS why is it a downfall that halibut season is over?

Darren and Whitnee Young said...

That is crazy that the power is on and off that much! I want to go there. But below 50 in October is a little too cold for me. Let's hang out when you get home!